We added quite a bit of wasabi and really enjoyed the extra bite it gave. You can easily omit the wasabi if you aren’t as into it.
This recipe uses the following tea:
LAPSANG SOUCHONG (visit the tea boutique)
Lapsang Miso Soup
Yields: 6 Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated (unpeeled) zucchini
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 tbsp slivered sweet red pepper
- 1 tbsp dry bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch dried oregano
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp Sencha green tea (grind 1 ½ tsp of green tea mixture into powder and set aside)
- Add remaining 2 1/2 tsp loose leaf green tea to the oil. Let sit for 30 minutes or as long as you can. In pot over medium heat, heat tea and oil mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- In bowl, beat egg; mix in zucchini, onion, red pepper, bread crumbs, salt, oregano, hot pepper sauce, ground tea powder and add oil with loose leaf tea mixture.
- In large skillet, lay parchment paper in skillet and add a small amount of oil over medium heat; spoon in about ¼ cup zucchini mixture pancake, spreading to about .5 inch thickness. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden.
Tea Used in This Recipe:
Visit the Tea Boutique by clicking on the tea below