Maple syrup, you’ve had a good run, but it’s time for another syrup to shine: Rooibos Syrup. A simple blend of rooibos leaves, honey, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla essence, combine to make liquid gold.
Best part about this Rooibos syrup? Its versatility. From cocktails to cheese, flavor is this syrup’s forte.
- Desserts & Ice Cream
- Pancakes & Waffles
- Cheese & Nuts
Rooibos Syrup Cheese Guide
Unsurprisingly, rooibos syrup goes well with most cheeses, but for all the sticklers out there – that wordplay was not lost on us – we listed a few pairing suggestions:
- Blends well with creamy soft-fresh cheeses (Chevre, Mascarpone, Ricotta)
- Condiment for soft-ripened cheeses (Brie, Camembert)
- Excellent counterpoint for hard-sharp cheeses (Asiago, Romano)
Recipe: Camembert Croissant
- Rooibos Syrup
- Camembert Cheese
- Fresh figs
Slice croissants in half, lengthwise fill with cheese (get indulgent), arugula, sliced figs and drizzle with syrup!
Recipe 2: Fresh Berry Layer Cake
With blueberry season in full swing, this cake is the perfect summer dessert. Feel free to play with the berry ratio – the berrier the merrier!
- 3-quart glass trifle bowl
- 1 loaf premade angel food cake
- 2 cups of strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 cups of raspberries
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/3 cup of teALCHEMY Rooibos Syrup
- 1 lemon
- Fresh sprig of mint
- In medium bowl, gently mix strawberries and blueberries and add 1 freshly squeezed lemon. Mix in Rooibos Syrup and stir mixture well.
- First layer: Layer bottom of trifle bowl with ½ of this berry and syrup mixture.
- Second layer: Spread angel food cake on top of berry and syrup mixture.
- Third Layer: Top angel cake with 1 cup of whipped cream.
- Fourth layer: Spread remaining ½ of berry mixture on top of cream.
- Top layer: Top with raspberries and fresh sprig of mint.
Syrup Used in This Recipe:
Visit the Tea Boutique by clicking on the syrup below