This past weekend was filled with sunny days and warm evenings – the perfect weather for relaxing patios + good food + great friends. We whipped up this rich and sweet cocktail. It is as decadent in its beautiful cherry red colour as it is in its scrumptious flavours.
Don’t let the beautiful colour fool you into believing it is too precious to drink. You can always make another …
This recipe uses the following tea:
CHERRY ROSE ROOIBOS (visit the tea boutique)
Yields: 1 Cocktail
- 1 cocktail glass
- 4 oz Cherry Rose Rooibos tea
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz creme de cacao
- crushed ice
- fresh cherry (stem on!)
- 2 small straws
- Make a strong brew of Cherry Rose Rooibos tea (double the tea to water ratio – 2 tsp tea leaves for 6 oz boiling water)
- Store in fridge to cool
- Mix Cherry Rose Rooibos iced tea with vodka, creme de cacao and ice in martini shaker. Shake it up!
- Either strain the ice as you pour the drink into the cocktail glass (add as much ice into the drink as desired)
- Place straws into glass and pop in the final touch, the cherry!
Tea Used in This Recipe:
Visit the Tea Boutique by clicking on the tea below